Casera’s Plessis branch is experiencing a reduction in Member Service Representatives as they tend to family matters related to the pandemic. To cover this shortfall in our busiest branch, we are redeploying some staff from the St. Anne’s branch.
While the St. Anne’s branch remains open for lending and other non-cash transactions, we are limiting member service interactions until the end of June. At that point, we will reassess the situation.
These changes come into effect on Wednesday, May 26, 2021.
We appreciate the ongoing patience and understanding of our members. Our goal is to continue serving you safely. Casera monitors the COVID-19 situation daily, follows provincial guidelines, and makes necessary adjustments when required.
Casera’s complete list of safety measures include:
- Staff are required to wear masks at all times, except those who work in an office. As soon as staff members move away from their offices or have a visitor in their office, they must wear a mask.
- Members and branch visitors are required to wear masks at all times.
- Members are required to adhere to a physical distancing of 6 feet when in our branches. Physical distancing floor decals and stickers are in place in each branch.
- A maximum of 10 members is allowed inside a branch at one time. The number of members in ATM vestibules at one time continues to be 2.
- Our members are encouraged to adhere to provincial health and safety protocols. They must self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms before coming to our branches.
- Hand-sanitizing stations are set up at branch entrances. Members must apply sanitizer upon entry and are encouraged to do so on the way out.
- Plastic shields remain at all our member service wickets, reception counters, and financial service desks. All workstations are disinfected after each employee-member engagement.
For all Casera COVID-19 updates, please visit www.caseracu.ca.
Chief Executive Officer