Thank you to all our members who completed the recent face mask survey. The results indicated that over 80 percent of Casera members responded favourably to wearing a face mask while visiting their neighbourhood branch.
While the Manitoba government has not yet mandated the wearing of face masks indoors, we are following the recommendations of public health officials. As a result, we strongly encourage members to wear face masks when doing business in any of our branches.
To maintain the highest safety standards, we are continuing to reassess our measures and taking steps to ensure that all our staff are protected and members kept safe when they visit our branches.
While face masks are not mandatory at Casera at this time, we trust that our members will follow our recommendation to wear them. Please be advised, as we continue to monitor developments and follow public health advice, it may be necessary at some point to mandate the wearing of face masks. In the meantime, we appreciate our members’ ongoing concern and commitment to health and safety.
As Manitoba unveils its economic recovery phases, it is essential to remind everyone that physical distancing, wearing a non-medical face mask, regularly washing and sanitizing your hands, not touching your face, and staying at home when you’re sick all remain essential to managing and slowing the spread of COVID-19 in our communities.
At Casera, we’re committed to health and safety.
At each of our branches, you’ll find a broad range of safe service measures to keep our staff and members safe:
1. A maximum of 10 members inside a branch at one time. The number of members in our ATM vestibules at one time continues to be 2.
2. Hand-sanitizing stations are set up at branch entrances. Members are required to apply the sanitizer upon entry and are encouraged to do so on the way out.
3. Physical distancing floor decals and stickers are in place on the floor of each branch. Plastic shields remain at all our member service wickets, reception counters, and financial service desks. All workstations are disinfected after each employee-member engagement.
4. Our staff practices physical distancing; however, there may be occasional circumstances when close contact occurs briefly between staff members. Steps are taken to mitigate proximity to each other, and surfaces that have been mutually used are sanitized.
5. Members will be asked to pre-screen themselves before entering a branch. If you are experiencing symptoms such as cough, fever, difficulty breathing, etc. you should not enter. People in quarantine or self-isolation, or who have been in contact with a person who has the coronavirus, are also requested not to enter. As an alternative, members are encouraged to use online banking as much as possible.
Please click for more information about the Manitoba Government’s pandemic response and economic recovery plan.
For all Casera COVID-19 updates, please visit www.caseracu.ca.
Chief Executive Officer