- Use your hand, body or other blocking method to shield your PIN when you are conducting transactions at an ATM or point-of-sale terminal.
- Never let your debit card out of your sight when conducting a transaction at the point-of-sale, and don’t forget it when you’re done.
- Regularly check your statements and balances to verify all transactions have been properly documented.
- Notify Casera immediately if your debit card is lost, stolen or retained by an ATM.
- Never disclose your PIN to anyone or you could be liable for any losses.
- Memorize your PIN. If you suspect that someone knows your PIN, change it immediately or contact Casera to cancel the card and obtain a new one.
- When selecting your PIN, never use obvious information. You could be liable for losses if you create your PIN by using your telephone number, date of birth, address or SIN.
Adapted from Adapted from the brochure, Member Awareness: Defend Yourself From Fraud.